The size of the AirPods may be the biggest reason why they are easy to lose. It is very inconvenient when you cannot find one or both because they fell out somewhere else. Then how do I find my AirPods? There are some solutions that you can do to solve this issue. Check the list below.
How Do I Find My AirPods with Find My Feature
The best thing is you can use the Find My feature on your iPhone to find the AirPods. It is easy and fast. However, you need to enable the feature first before you can use this. Take note that this solution is working if your iPhone is running iOS 13 at least. How will you do that?
- Open the Setting from your iPhone.
- Tap your name section at the top of the option.
- Click Find My.
- Turn the Find My iPhone toggle ON.
- Pair the AirPods with your iPhone and then the AirPods will be on your map.
Then, when you are missing the AirPods, how do I find my AirPods with this feature?
- Open the Find My feature from your iPhone. Remember that this feature is default and you cannot delete it.
- Select devices and the list will appear.
- Choose AirPods.
- Choose the map and you will see the last time it was connected.
- Choose to Play the Sound if the AirPods are detected nearby.
- Choose a direction to show the location of your AirPods.
Turning ON The AirPods Lost Mode
The Lost Mode of the AirPods will help you to find the lost AirPods. It can be used for certain generations only: the 3rd generation of AirPods, the 2nd generation of AirPods Pro, and the AirPods Max. When it is found, there will be a message appears. How to turn on this mode?
- Open the Find My app from your device.
- Choose Device.
- Choose AirPods.
- Scroll down and choose Mark as Lost.
- Select Activate.
- Fill out the contact information to ease the search later.
Turning ON The AirPods Alert
Another way to find your AirPods is by enabling the alert. So when your AirPods are left behind, the AirPods will get you to know the location. This is a helpful method if you are forgetful. This method can be applied to the 3rd gen of AirPods, 2nd gen of AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max.
- Find the Find My app then open it.
- Choose Devices and select AirPods.
- Turn on the “When Left Behind”. Once you leave the AirPods somewhere, there will be a notification pops up on your device.
Turn ON Find My Network
This is the method where you can check the location of your AirPods through the device even though the device is not connected to a network or Wi-Fi. This is practical for the 3rd gen of AirPods, the 2nd gen of AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max.
- Open the Settings on your device.
- Click your name.
- Select Find My.
- Turn ON Find My.
- Turn ON Find My Network.
Those tutorials above are the solution if you are curious about how do I find my AirPods. The small size of the AirPods makes them hard to find. However, Apple has provided the steps above to ensure that you will easily find your AirPods again.