Siri is a helpful feature on iOS that reads messages, including your AirPods. However, the sound from Siri can be a big interruption and it’s annoying when Siri gives notifications at important times such as watching videos. Then you need to know how to turn off Siri reading messages on AirPods.
Well, Siri is actually unstoppable but as the user, you can control it. You won’t get any notifications and Siri also will stop reading your messages. This is an important method, so you can enjoy a better experience with your AirPods.
How to Turn Off Siri Reading Messages on AirPods
1. Disabling Siri from Settings Menu
This is the quickest way to stop Siri from reading the messages on your device. Follow the steps to stop it below:
- Go to Setting then Notification and click.
- Choose Siri.
- Scroll and find Announce Notification.
- Turn ON the toggle by tapping it on the green.
This option will turn off Siri reading text messages AirPods again. The feature will not be able to interrupt the user anymore when it connects to other devices. For the AirPods, you can tap the green toggle for the headphone section.
2. Deactivate in Control Center
Another option how to turn off Siri reading messages on AirPods is directing them to the Control Center. You can access this and then control Siri. You can stop Siri for good or only temporarily. The step to stop this method is:
- Open the Control Center by swiping the right corner of your device screen.
- Tap the bell icon. This is the method if you want to disable it for good.
- Tap for a few seconds on the bell icon if you want to adjust the notifications.
- For temporary, there are several options that you can choose from ON, OFF for the day, and mute for an hour.
This is the best method that you can apply for your iPhone and other Apple products. When you are meditating or working, Siri will not give you related information unless you want to figure it out by yourself. You can adjust some applications that have notifications. The steps:
- Go to the menu
- Open the Notifications
- Choose Announce Notifications
- Change the toggle OFF in particular applications.
- The OFF applications will not give you notifications, but the ON ones will.
3. Turn off via Apple Watch
If your AirPods are connected to your Apple Watch, it is possible to apply how to turn off Siri reading messages in AirPods from the watch. It is easy and you don’t need your iPhone for support. The steps are:
- Swipe the bottom.
- Open Control Center.
- Press the bell account because it is an Announce Notifications icon.
- Open the second screen.
- Mute notifications for the whole day or just an hour.
- Then your Siri won’t bother you anymore while doing activities.
How to turn off Siri reading messages on AirPods is easy by following the steps above. You can just pick one of the practical methods. After all, they will give you the same result where the Siri feature will not bother you anymore.